- Wednesday, August 24, 2016
- Marion Goard
- House and Home
It's always great news to hear that a friend or family member has bought a new house. It's such an exciting life event! If you're particularly close to the new homeowners, you'll more than likely be called on to help on moving day and perhaps even with the packing. But rest assured, there are some fun jobs for friends and family of brand new homeowners. The housewarming party for one, and shopping for the perfect housewarming gift!
If you were familiar with the happy homeowners' previous abode, you probably have an idea of something they need. Your gift doesn't have to be functional, however - feel free to choose a decorative piece that you know the homeowners will love.
- A monogrammed gift is always thoughtful: a doormat emblazoned with a family name, a cozy blanket, garden stones, a cutting board...anything is up for personalizing with today's technology!
- Know a coffee-lover? What about surprising them with a single-cup brewing system, like a Tassimo, Keurig or Nespresso machine? If the new homeowners are first time buyers, there's a good chance they don't have cupboards full of appliances so this might be a good bet and it's something they will use often.
- A great cookbook is an excellent option for a foodie friend. Find out if they have a favourite Food Network star or a certain type of cuisine they love.
- A handmade piece of art. Print out a favourite quote, their initials or even the words to their wedding song on good card stock and go to Michael's to have it matted and framed. Look online for ideas!
- Or keep it simple and buy a nice bottle of wine or a plant!
When searching for that perfect housewarming gift, try not to come up with ideas of things YOU would want in your home and instead think of the new homeowners and their style.
See All Blog Posts